Golden Circle and Waterfalls in small group
Enjoy Iceland ́s nature and culture in a full day tour of the Golden Circle from Reykjavik.
Feast on scenic stops at Thingvellir National Park, where Iceland's parliament was founded in 930 A.D. and holds the meeting of the tectonic plates. Geysir geothermal area is quite stunning where you witness the geyser Strokkur erupts every five minutes and the thundering Gullfoss waterfall tops many lists as a powerful and hypnotizing natural phenomenon. To top it off we visit Oxararfoss and along with Efstidalur dairy farm, where we are always very enthusiastic to taste their organic and home-made ice creams. Very family friendly and breathtaking scenery.
Furthermore we visit Laugarvatn geothermal area. The lake contains geothermal springs under its surface, making it a popular swimming spot with some warm patches along the shoreline year-round. Also, this area is popular because of its very well-known "Rúgbrauð", or the Icelandic way baked rye bread: locals put it in a pot that is placed deep in the sand for 24 hours. The heat of the geothermal waters makes the rest of the job.
We also make a visit to Friðheimar, a very productive tomato farm where we gain an insight into the processes of greenhouse horticulture, with a short and informative talk on the subject. We see how they grow delicious tomatoes thanks to the geothermal force, glacial water and bumblebees, in an eco-friendly way. Also, Friðheimar breeds Icelandic horses, so we don't miss the chance to pet them and snap a selfie with a couple of them.
Kerið volcanic crater is included in the price as well. It is one of several crater lakes in the area, known as Iceland's Western Volcanic Zone, which includes the Reykjanes peninsula and the Langjökull Glacier, created as the land moved over a localized hotspot, but it is the one that has the most visually recognizable caldera still intact.
We put the full emphasis on nature and culture as we tell stories when we ease through the surroundings in a small group. The tour is operated in a minibus and we focus on not exceeding more than 19 people. This way the guide can connect to all passengers and a much nicer vibe is created during the day.
The Golden Circle is Iceland's most popular route and it is not by any coincidence. The route lies not so far from the capital and easily offers a variety of natural scenery to explore as well as many stories from the settlement to our times.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
English speaking guide, pick up and drop off from your accommodation and wifi on board the vehicle.
Dress according to weather, good shoes and a camera.
We at EastWest want to assure you that we are well-prepared and ready to give you a fantastic, rewarding and safe holiday. Therefore, we have put together new procedures:
- We need you to keep at least 2 metre distance from others at all times possible.
- You are required to wear a face mask onboard our minibuses. Please get in touch with email@example.com before your trip if you're unable to wear a covering so we can provide you with one.
- Hand sanitiser is provided onboard our vehicles.
- Please do not travel if you feel unwell or are symptomatic before the trip.
- We kindly ask you to use the same seats all day, as much spread out over the minibus as possible.
- In order to respect the 2 meters rule, our guides will ask you to enter and exit the minibus in a controlled manner.
- Minimize all unnecessary contact such as shaking hands, hugging and kissing.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth as much as possible.
- We clean and disinfect all shared contact surfaces in the vehicle several times per day, mostly those that are frequently touched such as door handles, arm rests, buttons for windows and locks, seatbelts... However, wearing gloves is an effective way to minimise the risk of infection.
- Where and when possible, we keep the door opened to promote air flow through the vehicle.